Advertisement for Bids
Contract C1576 – Byrne Elementary School Annex
Eligible to Bid:
24 firms have been deemed prequalified for this project:
- All-Bry Construction Company
- Barton Malow Company
- Blinderman Construction Company, Inc.
- Burling Builders, Inc.
- Clark Construction Group – Chicago, LLC
- Development Solutions, Inc.
- F.H. Paschen, S.N. Nielsen & Associates, LLC
- Friedler Construction Company
- George Sollitt Construction Company, The
- Henry Bros. Co.
- James McHugh Construction Company
- K.R. Miller Contractors, Inc.
- Madison Construction Company
- Old Veteran Construction, Inc. (MBE)
- Path Construction Company, Inc.
- Power Construction Company, LLC.
- Powers & Sons Construction Company, Inc.
- Tishman Construction Corporation of Illinois
- Turner Construction Company
- Tyler Lane Construction, Inc.
- UJAMAA Construction, Inc. (MBE)
- Vanir Construction Management, Inc.
- W.E. O’Neil Construction Company
- Walsh Construction Company II, LLC.
This Contract is subject to the Illinois Prevailing Wage Act (820 ILCS 130/1-12).
Project consists of the construction of an approximately 35,000 sf, new 2-story Annex. Work to be performed includes: 15 classrooms (Science room, music room, offices/conference rooms, and restrooms); new 3-stop elevator; new library; kitchen and lunch/multipurpose room. Building must be fully ADA-compliant and accessible. Renovations to Existing Building includes: renovation of existing lunchroom into classroom; renovation of existing kitchen into art classroom; conversion of existing library into classroom; mechanical, electrical, and plumbing upgrades; and, repairs to support the new annex. Exterior Amenities include: New artificial turf field in location of current modular units (approximately 167’x100′). Landscaping will include both renovation of existing landscaping, as well as, installation on new features. New features include: trees, shrubs, grass, and planting bed of perennials. Existing scope will also include salvaging and relocation of existing planters and benches.
- Plans and specifications for the above-referenced project may be found on the designated printer’s online planroom for this Project at dfs.cushingco.com/pbc.htm
- The list of Assist Agencies who will have complete sets of drawings and specifications can be found here
On Tuesday, May 9, 2017, at Byrne Elementary School Annex Gymnasium (located at 5329 South Oak Park Avenue, Chicago, Illinois 60638, the Commission will host a Pre-Bid Meeting at 10:00 a.m., Mandatory Technical Review Meeting at 10:30 a.m., and Mandatory Site Visit (walk-through of the facility) at 11:00 a.m. The Technical Review Meeting and Site Visit are mandatory for all prequalified firms interested in submitting a bid for this Project.
All activities mentioned above are to occur at the school. Enter through Main Entrance on the west side of the school (S. Oak Park Avenue) and proceed to the Gymnasium. Parking is prohibited in the school’s parking lot. Please adhere to all area parking prohibitions and restrictions when parking on side streets or in designated parking areas.
Subcontractors and suppliers are invited to attend the Pre-Bid Meeting and stay for the following activities to meet the prequalified contractors bidding on this Project. The sign-in sheets for the above-mentioned meetings will be posted to the PBC’s website.
Sealed bids will be received at the Public Building Commission, Richard J. Daley Center, 50 West Washington, Room 200, until 11:00 a.m. Wednesday, May 31, 2017 at which time they will be publicly opened.
- Bid Tabulation Document (6/8/17)
All questions regarding this contract must be submitted in writing to Patricia Montenegro, Senior Contracts Manager, Public Building Commission, 50 West Washington, Room 200, Chicago, IL 60602. Questions may be emailed to email@example.com or faxed to Ms. Montenegro at 312/744-3572.
- Addendum No. 1 for the Byrne Elementary School Annex (C1576) can be obtained by clicking on the following link: Addendum No. 1
- Addendum No. 2 for the Byrne Elementary School Annex (C1576) can be obtained by clicking on the following link: Addendum No. 2
- Addendum No. 3 for the Byrne Elementary School Annex (C1576) can be obtained by clicking on the following link: Addendum No. 3
- Addendum No. 4 for the Byrne Elementary School Annex (C1576) can be obtained by clicking on the following link: Addendum No. 4
- Addendum No. 5 for the Byrne Elementary School Annex (C1576) can be obtained by clicking on the following link: Addendum No. 5
Pre-Bid/Tech Review/Site Visit Materials:
- Pre-Bid Agenda w/Presentation Documents (5/11/17)
- Pre-Bid Meeting Sign-In (5/11/17)
- (Mandatory) Tech Review Sign-In (5/11/17)
- (Mandatory) Site Visit Sign-In (5/11/17)
For more information on Byrne Elementary School’s annex project, view the project page.