Advertisement for Bids: Contract C1592 – Columbia Explorer Elementary School Modular
The Public Building Commission of Chicago (PBC) has invited all Class A, B, and C prequalified firms to bid on PBC Contract C1592, for the fabrication and installation of the Columbia Explorer Elementary School Modular located at the Columbia Explorers Elementary Academy School, 4520 S. Kedzie Avenue, Chicago, IL 60632. The Project consists of the fabrication and installation of an approximately 6,700 sf, one (1) story – six (6) classroom prototype temporary modular classroom building. The Modular will include 6 classrooms; boys and girls toilet rooms and a unisex toilet room opening off a central hallway; and janitor closet, mechanical/pump room, electrical/IT closet and storage closet opening off of the classrooms. Storage and janitor closets include an access hatch to the crawlspace under the modular building. Electrical, water, and sewer services will be connected to the utilities and the security/IT/AI systems will be connected to the existing school building. The fire alarm system will be stand alone with notification to the existing school. The security/IT/AI systems in the existing school will be upgraded to accommodate the new modular building which will require modifications in the MDF room on the second floor of the existing building and work at exterior doors and corridors, and camera upgrades to the existing system at the separate annex building across 46th Street. Modular units will be built off-site, delivered to the site, and installed on the site-built foundation; include electrical and water service, and through-wall heat and air conditioning units in each classroom.
Site Work includes demolition and removal of the existing play equipment, monumental sign, site features, and flagpole; modifying the existing environmental barrier to accommodate a crawlspace foundation with a concrete slab floor; storm water detention system under a new play lot with play equipment; ADA parking upgrades and accessible path to the nearest door; and landscape, fencing, and concrete finishes. Substantial Completion of the Project is anticipated to be achieved in the Fall of 2018.
List of Prequalified Bidders:
- All-Bry Construction Company
- Barton Malow Company
- Berglund Construction Company
- Blinderman Construction Company, Inc.
- Burling Builders, Inc.
- Clark Construction Group – Chicago, LLC
- Development Solutions, Inc.
- F.H. Paschen, S.N. Nielsen & Associates, LLC
- Friedler Construction Company
- The George Sollitt Construction Company
- Henry Bros. Co.
- James McHugh Construction Company
- K.R. Miller Contractors, Inc.
- Madison Construction Company
- Old Veteran Construction, Inc.
- Path Construction Company, Inc.
- Power Construction Company, LLC
- Powers & Sons Construction Company, Inc.
- Tishman Construction Corporation of Illinois
- Turner Construction Company
- Tyler Lane Construction, Inc.
- UJAMAA Construction, Inc.
- Vanir Construction Management, Inc.
- W.E. O’Neil Construction Company
- Walsh Construction Company II
- Aldridge Electric, Inc.
- Brandenburg Industrial Service Company
- Broadway Electric, Inc.
- Frederick Quinn Corporation
- John Burns Construction
- The Lombard Company
- O.A.K.K. Construction Company, Inc.
- Poulos, Inc.
- R. T. Milord Company
- Reliable & Associates Construction Company
- Cosgrove Construction, Inc.
- Drive Construction, Inc.
- G.E. Riddiford Company, Inc.
- Kee Construction, LLC
- McDonagh Demolition, Inc.
- O.C.A. Construction, Inc.
- Oakley Construction Company, Inc.
- Robe, Inc.
- Plans and specifications for the above-referenced project may be found here: http://dfs.cushingco.com/pbc.htm
- The list of Assist Agencies who will have access to complete sets of drawings and specifications can be found here
On Thursday, January 11, 2018, at the Columbia Explorers Elementary School Annex, located at 4520 S. Kedzie Avenue, Chicago, IL, PBC will host a Pre-Bid Meeting at 10:00 a.m., a Mandatory Technical Review Meeting at 10:30a.m., and a Mandatory Site Visit at 11:00a.m. The Technical Review Meeting is mandatory for all eligible, prequalified firms interested in submitting a bid for this Project. Parking in school’s parking lot is prohibited. Street parking is available. Please enter through Main Entrance on Kedzie Avenue. All Mandatory Technical Review Meeting and Site Visit attendees must wear safety vests.
Subcontractors and suppliers are invited to attend the Pre- Bid Meeting and stay for the following activities to meet the prequalified contractors bidding on this Project. The sign-in sheets for the above-mentioned meetings will be posted to the PBC’s website.
Sealed bids shall be received at the Public Building Commission, Richard J. Daley Center, 50 West Washington, Room 200, until 11:00 a.m. Tuesday, February 6, 2018, at which time they will be publicly opened.
All questions regarding this contract must be submitted in writing to Patricia Montenegro, Senior Contracts Manager, Public Building Commission, 50 West Washington, Room 200, Chicago, IL 60602. Questions may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to Ms. Montenegro at 312/744-3572.
Pre-Bid/Tech Review/Site Visit Materials:
- Pre-Bid Agenda & Presentation (1/11/18)
- Pre-Bid Meeting Sign-In (1/11/18)
- (Mandatory) Tech Review Sign-In (1/11/18)
- (Mandatory) Site Visit Sign-In (1/11/18)
For more information, view the project page.