Advertisement for Bids
Contract C1590 – IFB – Ebinger Elementary School Annex (C1590)
Ebinger Elementary School Annex
List of Prequalified Bidders:
- All-Bry Construction Company
- Barton Malow Company
- Blinderman Construction Company, Inc.
- Burling Builders, Inc.
- Clark Construction Group – Chicago, LLC
- Development Solutions, Inc.
- F.H. Paschen, S.N. Nielsen & Associates, LLC
- Friedler Construction Company
- The George Sollitt Construction Company
- Henry Bros. Co.
- James McHugh Construction Company
- K.R. Miller Contractors, Inc.
- Madison Construction Company
- Old Veteran Construction, Inc. (MBE)
- Path Construction Company, Inc.
- Power Construction Company, LLC.
- Powers & Sons Construction Company, Inc.
- Tishman Construction Corporation of Illinois
- Turner Construction Company
- Tyler Lane Construction, Inc.
- UJAMAA Construction, Inc. (MBE)
- Vanir Construction Management, Inc.
- W.E. O’Neil Construction Company
- Walsh Construction Company II, LLC.
This Contract is subject to the Illinois Prevailing Wage Act (820 ILCS 130/1-12).
The Public Building Commission of Chicago (PBC) has invited all Class A prequalified firms to bid on PBC Contract C1590 for the construction of a new approximate 32,000 square foot, two-story annex to an existing two-story school intended to alleviate overcrowding and eliminate two existing modular classroom units. The proposed annex will include (7) standard classrooms, (3) special needs classrooms, (1) science classroom with storage, (1) computer room, (1) art room with storage, (1) office, a new Dining room, hybrid kitchen and kitchen server, storage, toilets, utility rooms and building support space. The Project will also include a replacement parking lot, loading area, refuse compactor with masonry surround, storm water management infrastructure, and a new outdoor playground. Work within the existing school building will include conversion of the existing kitchen/dining room for use as two classrooms.
Plans and specifications for the above-referenced project may be found here:
The list of Assist Agencies who will have access to complete sets of drawings and specifications can be found here: Assist Agencies
On Wednesday, October 18, 2017,the Commission will host a Pre-Bid Meeting at 10:00 a.m., Mandatory Technical Review Meeting at 10:30 a.m., and a Mandatory Site Visit (walk-through) of the facility at 11:00 a.m. The Technical Review Meeting and Site Visit are mandatory for all eligible, prequalified firms interested in submitting a bid for this Project.
All activities mentioned above are to occur at the school, located at 7350 West Pratt Avenue, Chicago, Illinois 60631. Parking in school’s parking lot is prohibited. Street parking is available. Please enter through Main Entrance on Pratt Avenue. All Mandatory Technical Review Meeting and Site Visit attendees must wear safety vests.
Subcontractors and suppliers are invited to attend the Pre- Bid Meeting and stay for the following activities to meet the prequalified contractors bidding on this Project. The sign-in sheets for the above-mentioned meetings will be posted to the PBC’s website.
Sealed bids will be received at the Public Building Commission, Richard J. Daley Center, 50 West Washington, Room 200, until 11:00 a.m. Tuesday, November 7, 2017 at which time they will be publicly opened.
All questions regarding this contract must be submitted in writing to Patricia Montenegro, Senior Contracts Manager, Public Building Commission, 50 West Washington, Room 200, Chicago, IL 60602. Questions may be emailed to email@example.com or faxed to Ms. Montenegro at 312/744-3572.
Pre-Bid/Tech Review/Site Visit Materials: