Advertisement for Bids Contract C1587 –
Ernst Prussing Elementary School Annex (C1587)
List of Prequalified Bidders:
- All-Bry Construction Company
- Barton Malow Company
- Berglund Construction Company
- Burling Builders, Inc.
- Clark Construction Group – Chicago, LLC
- Development Solutions, Inc.
- F.H. Paschen, S.N. Nielsen & Associates, LLC
- Friedler Construction Company
- The George Sollitt Construction Company
- Henry Bros. Co.
- James McHugh Construction Company
- K.R. Miller Contractors, Inc.
- Madison Construction Company
- Old Veteran Construction, Inc. (MBE)
- Path Construction Company, Inc.
- Power Construction Company, LLC.
- Powers & Sons Construction Company, Inc.
- Tishman Construction Corporation of Illinois
- Turner Construction Company
- Tyler Lane Construction, Inc.
- UJAMAA Construction, Inc. (MBE)
- Vanir Construction Management, Inc.
- W.E. O’Neil Construction Company
- Walsh Construction Company II, LLC.
This Contract is subject to the Illinois Prevailing Wage Act (820 ILCS 130/1-12).
The Public Building Commission of Chicago (PBC) has invited all Class A prequalified firms to bid on PBC Contract C1587 for the construction of a new approximately 23,000 sq. ft. primarily one-story annex to an existing two-story school and demolition of the existing two (2) and four (4) modular classroom units. The proposed annex will include (2) general classrooms, (1) computer classroom with storage, (1) science classroom with storage, (1) art room with storage, (1) music room with storage, a new dining room, hybrid kitchen and kitchen servery, (1) administration office, toilets, and an elevator. A small second story will house mechanical and electrical rooms, as well as an MDF room. The Project will also include a replacement parking lot, loading area, refuse enclosure, stormwater management infrastructure and a new turf field. Work within the existing building will include conversion of the existing dining room and kitchen into (2) kindergarten classrooms. In addition, structural repair work including the removal of dever beams, masonry repairs and roof replacement will occur.
Plans and specifications for the above-referenced project may be found here:
On Wednesday, November 1, 2017, the Commission will host a Pre-Bid Meeting at 10:00 a.m., Mandatory Technical Review Meeting at 10:30a.m., and a Mandatory Site Visit (walk-through) of the facility at 11:00a.m. The Technical Review Meeting and Site Visit are mandatory for all eligible, prequalified firms interested in submitting a bid for this Project.
All activities mentioned above are to occur at the school, located at 4650 North Menard Avenue, Chicago, Illinois 60630. Parking in school’s parking lot is prohibited. Street parking is available. Please enter through Main Entrance on Menard Avenue. All Mandatory Technical Review Meeting and Site Visit attendees must wear safety vests.
Subcontractors and suppliers are invited to attend the Pre-Bid Meeting and stay for the following activities to meet the prequalified contractors bidding on this Project. The sign-in sheets for the above-mentioned meetings will be posted to the PBC’s website.
Sealed bids will be received at the Public Building Commission, Richard J. Daley Center, 50 West Washington, Room 200, until 11:00 a.m. Thursday, December 7, 2017 (updated per Addendum No. 03) at which time they will be publicly opened.
All questions regarding this contract must be submitted in writing to Patricia Montenegro, Senior Contracts Manager, Public Building Commission, 50 West Washington, Room 200, Chicago, IL 60602. Questions may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to Ms. Montenegro at 312/744-3572.
Pre-Bid/Tech Review/Site Visit Materials:
- Addendum No. 1 for Ernst Prussing Elementary School Annex (C1587) can be obtained by clicking on the following link: Addendum No. 1
- Addendum No. 2 for Ernst Prussing Elementary School Annex (C1587) can be obtained by clicking on the following link: Addendum No. 2
- Addendum No. 3 for Ernst Prussing Elementary School Annex (C1587) can be obtained by clicking on the following link: Addendum No. 3
- Addendum No. 4 for Ernst Prussing Elementary School Annex (C1587) can be obtained by clicking on the following link: Addendum No. 4
- Addendum No. 5 for Ernst Prussing Elementary School Annex (C1587) can be obtained by clicking on the following link: Addendum No. 5
For more information about the Prussing Elementary School Annex, view the project page.