Advertisement for Bids: Contract C1591 – Read Dunning School
The Public Building Commission of Chicago (PBC) has invited all Class A prequalified firms to bid on PBC Contract C1591, for the construction of the new Read Dunning School located at 4071 North Park Oak Park Avenue. Work includes the construction of a new 135,000 square foot school and associated site development. The new school is comprised of a three-story Academic Wing and a one-story Athletic Wing connected by a high ceiling, one-story link, which also serves as the main entry to the school. The school program includes standard classrooms, science and specialty classrooms, computer labs, administrative and support areas, gymnatorium with stage, kitchen, dining room and music suite. The Work includes, but is not limited to, concrete foundations, structural steel, envelope consisting of unit masonry, aluminum windows, storefront, three story elevator, and roofing. The interior consists of gypsum walls and partitions, polished concrete floor, resilient and solid vinyl tile floors, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire protection, standard school finishes and amenities. The site development work includes soil management consistent with IEPA SRP requirements, stormwater detention, a new multi-use athletic field with track, private drive accessed from Oak Park Avenue, parking, and landscaping.
List of Prequalified Bidders:
- All-Bry Construction Company
- Barton Malow Company
- Blinderman Construction Company, Inc.
- Burling Builders, Inc.
- Clark Construction Group – Chicago, LLC
- Development Solutions, Inc.
- F.H. Paschen, S.N. Nielsen & Associates, LLC
- Friedler Construction Company
- The George Sollitt Construction Company
- Henry Bros. Co.
- James McHugh Construction Company
- K.R. Miller Contractors, Inc.
- Madison Construction Company
- Old Veteran Construction, Inc.
- Path Construction Company, Inc.
- Power Construction Company, LLC
- Powers & Sons Construction Company, Inc.
- Tishman Construction Corporation of Illinois
- Turner Construction Company
- Tyler Lane Construction, Inc.
- UJAMAA Construction, Inc.
- Vanir Construction Management, Inc.
- W.E. O’Neil Construction Company
- Walsh Construction Company II
- Plans and specifications for the above-referenced project may be found here: https://www.springerblueprint.com/
- The list of Assist Agencies who will have access to complete sets of drawings and specifications can be found here
On Monday, February 5, 2018, in the PBC’s Second Floor Boardroom located in the Richard J. Daley Center, 50 West Washington, PBC will host a Pre-Bid Meeting at 10:00 a.m. and a Mandatory Technical Review Meeting at 10:30a.m. The Technical Review Meeting is mandatory for all eligible, prequalified firms interested in submitting a bid for this Project.
On Tuesday, February 6, 2018, PBC will host a Non-mandatory Site Visit at 9:00 a.m. Attendees are to meet at the west entrance to the site off of N. Oak Park Avenue near the intersection with W. Irving Park Road. Closed-toe shoes are required to walk the site.
Subcontractors and suppliers are invited to attend the Pre- Bid Meeting and stay for the following activities to meet the prequalified contractors bidding on this Project. The sign-in sheets for the above-mentioned meetings will be posted to the PBC’s website.
Sealed bids shall be received at the Public Building Commission, Richard J. Daley Center, 50 West Washington, Room 200, until 11:00 a.m. Thursday, March 1, 2018, at which time they will be publicly opened.
All questions regarding this contract must be submitted in writing to Patricia Montenegro, Senior Contracts Manager, Public Building Commission, 50 West Washington, Room 200, Chicago, IL 60602. Questions may be emailed to email@example.com or faxed to Ms. Montenegro at 312/744-3572.
Pre-Bid/Tech Review/Site Visit Materials:
- Pre-Bid Agenda (2/5/18)
- Pre-Bid Meeting Sign-In (2/5/18)
- (Mandatory) Tech Review Sign-In (2/5/18)
- Site Visit Sign-In (2/6/18)
For more information, view the project page.