Request for Proposals
The Public Building Commission of Chicago (PBC) has issued a Request for Proposals (RFP) pursuant to the requirements of the Public Building Commission Act (50 ILCS 20 et seq.) (the Act) for the following design-build project:
PBC Project No. 05185
South Side High School
Normal and 69th St., Chicago, IL
The PBC will award a design-build contract for the Project in accordance with the requirements of Sections 20.3 through 20.20 of the Public Building Commission Act (50 ILCS 20/et seq.). Per the Act, this will be a two-phase procurement process. This two-phase process will evaluate design-build entities based on qualifications, technical approach, and cost proposals for the following design-build project:
The Project requires the design and construction of a new South Side High School (SSHS); associated site preparation; site remediation; site abatement and demolition; and site development.
The Budget for Design/Build Services is estimated to be approximately $50,000,000 – $60,000,000.
Phase II Shortlist Firms
- Shortlist Firms (PDF) (8/17/17).
Submission Due Date:
Request for Qualifications and Proposal submittals must be delivered by July 31, 2017 at 11:00AM (CST) to the attention of Raven A. DeVaughn, Public Building Commission of Chicago, Richard J. Daley Center, 50 West Washington Street, Room 200, Chicago, IL 60602.
A pre-submission conference will be held on Wednesday, July 12, 2017, 10:00 am at the following location:
Building U – Theater
740 W. 63rd St.
Chicago, IL 60621
Street parking available. Attendees may also park in the College’s lots located at 62nd & Emerald, 65th & Halsted (student). Do not park in the lot owned by DCFS – violators will be towed.
Firms interested in submitting responses are strongly encouraged to attend.
- Pre-Submission Conference – Agenda (7/12/17)
- Pre-Submission Conference – Presentation (7/12/17)
- Pre-Submission Conference – Sign-In (7/12/17)
- Addendum No. 1 for Design/Build Services for South Side High School (PS2096) can be obtained by clicking on the following link: Addendum No. 1
- Addendum No. 2 for Design/Build Services for South Side High School (PS2096) can be obtained by clicking on the following link: Addendum No. 2
For more information about South Side High School, view the project page.