Advertisement for Bids
Contract C1579 – Skinner West Elementary School Annex
Eligible to Bid:
25 firms have been deemed prequalified for this project:
- All-Bry Construction Company
- Barton Malow Company
- Berglund Construction Company
- Blinderman Construction Company, Inc.
- Burling Builders, Inc.
- Clark Construction Group – Chicago, LLC
- Development Solutions, Inc.
- F.H. Paschen, S.N. Nielsen & Associates, LLC
- Friedler Construction Company
- George Sollitt Construction Company, The
- Henry Bros. Co.
- James McHugh Construction Company
- K.R. Miller Contractors, Inc.
- Madison Construction Company
- Old Veteran Construction, Inc. (MBE)
- Path Construction Company, Inc.
- Power Construction Company, LLC.
- Powers & Sons Construction Company, Inc.
- Tishman Construction Corporation of Illinois
- Turner Construction Company
- Tyler Lane Construction, Inc.
- UJAMAA Construction, Inc. (MBE)
- Vanir Construction Management, Inc.
- W.E. O’Neil Construction Company
- Walsh Construction Company II, LLC.
This Contract is subject to the Illinois Prevailing Wage Act (820 ILCS 130/1-12).
The project consists of the construction of a new approximately 36,000 GSF, 4-story Annex to the existing Skinner West Elementary School located at 1260 West Adams Street. The new Annex will include 19 new typical classrooms, an Art Room, Science Room, and a Computer Classroom. The Scope of Work will also include site improvements, rework to the existing parking lot, a new underground water detention system, a new elevator, and miscellaneous renovations to the existing building. A new Chiller for HVAC will also be included which will serve the new Annex. Renovations to the existing building include upgrades to the existing mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and fire protection systems to support the new Annex. The landscaping work will consist of restoration of the of existing landscaping, as well as new landscaping such as trees, shrubs, grass, and planting beds of perennials.
Construction is anticipated to commence in Fall of 2017, with completion by Winter of 2018.
Plans and specifications for the above-referenced project may be found on the designated printer’s online planroom for this Project at x-rhodesplanroom.com/
The list of Assist Agencies who will have complete sets of drawings and specifications can be found here: Assist Agencies
On Thursday, July 13, 2017, at the Skinner West Elementary School Gymnasium, the Commission will host a Pre-Bid Meeting at 10:00 a.m., Mandatory Technical Review Meeting at 10:30 a.m., and Mandatory Site Visit (walk-through of the facility) at 11:00 a.m. The Technical Review Meeting and Site Visit are mandatory for all prequalified firms interested in submitting a bid for this Project.
All activities mentioned above are to occur at the school, located at 1260 West Adams. Attendees may park in the school’s Parking Lot.
Subcontractors and suppliers are invited to attend the Pre-Bid Meeting and stay for the following activities to meet the prequalified contractors bidding on this Project. The sign-in sheets for the above-mentioned meetings will be posted to the PBC’s website.
Sealed bids will be received at the Public Building Commission, Richard J. Daley Center, 50 West Washington, Room 200, until 11:00 a.m. Friday, August 4, 2017 at which time they will be publicly opened.
- Bid Tabulation Document (8/4/17)
All questions regarding this contract must be submitted in writing to Patricia Montenegro, Senior Contracts Manager, Public Building Commission, 50 West Washington, Room 200, Chicago, IL 60602. Questions may be emailed to email@example.com or faxed to Ms. Montenegro at 312/744-3572.
- Addendum No. 1 for Skinner West Elementary School Annex (C1579) can be obtained by clicking on the following link: Addendum No. 1
- Addendum No. 2 for Skinner West Elementary School Annex (C1579) can be obtained by clicking on the following link: Addendum No. 2
- Addendum No. 3 for Skinner West Elementary School Annex (C1579) can be obtained by clicking on the following link: Addendum No. 3
Pre-Bid/Tech Review/Site Visit Materials:
- Pre-Bid Presentation Document (7/13/17)
- Pre-Bid Meeting Sign-In(7/13/17)
- (Mandatory) Tech Review Sign-In (7/13/17)
- (Mandatory) Site Visit Sign-In (7/13/17)
For more information on Skinner West Elementary School, view the project page.