Advertisement for BidsContract C1578 – South Loop Elementary School New Construction
1601 S. Dearborn
Eligible to Bid:
24 firms have been deemed prequalified for this project:
- All-Bry Construction Company
- Barton Malow Company
- Blinderman Construction Company, Inc.
- Burling Builders, Inc.
- Clark Construction Group – Chicago, LLC
- Development Solutions, Inc.
- F.H. Paschen, S.N. Nielsen & Associates, LLC
- Friedler Construction Company
- George Sollitt Construction Company, The
- Henry Bros. Co.
- James McHugh Construction Company
- K.R. Miller Contractors, Inc.
- Madison Construction Company
- Old Veteran Construction, Inc. (MBE)
- Path Construction Company, Inc.
- Power Construction Company, LLC.
- Powers & Sons Construction Company, Inc.
- Tishman Construction Corporation of Illinois
- Turner Construction Company
- Tyler Lane Construction, Inc.
- UJAMAA Construction, Inc. (MBE)
- Vanir Construction Management, Inc.
- W.E. O’Neil Construction Company
- Walsh Construction Company II, LLC.
This Contract is subject to the Illinois Prevailing Wage Act (820 ILCS 130/1-12).
The project consists of the construction of a new, approximate 120,000 GSF, 4-story elementary school and site improvements at 1601 S. Dearborn Street. The school will accommodate approximately 1200 students and will include 32 typical classrooms; 4 kindergarten classrooms; 3 ‘pull-out’ classrooms; 2 computer classrooms; 3 science classrooms; 2 art classrooms; 1 multi-purpose room; 1 music room with an operable partition; a 2-position gym with stage; library; dining room with a servery and hybrid kitchen; administrative center and student services suite; and a roof top play area. Building construction will be structural steel frame; cast-in-place lateral bracing; pile foundations; and an exterior cavity wall envelope of cold formed framing and face brick veneer. Site improvements shall consist of a new parking lot; storm water management improvements; playlot; waste/transformer enclosure; landscape planters; site furnishings; and right-of-way improvements.
Plans and specifications for the above-referenced project may be found on the designated printer’s online planroom for this Project at https://www.bhfx.net/
The list of Assist Agencies who will have complete sets of drawings and specifications can be found here: Assist Agencies
On Wednesday, June 14, 2017, in the PBC’s Second Floor Boardroom located at the Richard J. Daley Center, 50 West Washington, PBC will host a
Sealed bids will be received at the Public Building Commission, Richard J. Daley Center, 50 West Washington, Room 200, until 11:00 a.m. Friday, July 7, 2017 at which time they will be publicly opened.
All questions regarding this contract must be submitted in writing to Patricia Montenegro, Senior Contracts Manager, Public Building Commission, 50 West Washington, Room 200, Chicago, IL 60602. Questions may be emailed to email@example.com or faxed to Ms. Montenegro at 312/744-3572.
Addendum No. 1 for the South Loop Elementary School (C1578) can be obtained by clicking on the following link: http://www.pbcchicago.com/upload/12951.pdf
Addendum No. 2 for the South Loop Elementary School (C1578) can be obtained by clicking on the following link: http://www.pbcchicago.com/upload/12956.pdf
Pre-Bid/Tech Review/Site Visit Materials:
- Pre-Bid Agenda w/Presentation Documents (6/14/17)
- Pre-Bid Meeting Sign-In (6/14/17)
- (Mandatory) Tech Review Sign-In (6/14/17)
- (Non-Mandatory) Site Visit Sign-In (6/14/17)