The PBC Welcomes Greenbuild 2010 to Chicago!
The U.S. Green Building Council””s Annual Greenbuild Conference & Expo provides an unrivaled opportunity to learn about the latest innovations, explore new products and exchange ideas with other professionals. Greenbuild is the world””s largest green building conference and represents all sectors of the green building movement. Three days of extensive educational programming, workshops, a vast exhibition floor and ample networking events provide unrivaled opportunities to learn about the latest technological innovations, explore new products, and exchange ideas with other professionals. The 2010 show will be held on Nov. 17-19, 2010, in Chicago, Illinois with 40,000 expected attendees and nearly 2000 exhibit booths. Visit www.greenbuildexpo.org for more information.
Greenbuild 2010 returns to Chicago””s McCormick Place West, the site of Greenbuild 2007. As one of the first cities to adopt LEED for public buildings and the city that is home to more LEED-certified buildings than any other, Greenbuild recognizes that Chicago is truly committed to leadership as a “next-generation” city – the perfect place to celebrate being part of Generation Green.
Mayor Richard M. Daley will be honored at the Opening Ceremony and receive the first ever Mayor Richard M. Daley Legacy Award for Global Leadership in Creating Sustainable Cities established in his honor. This award is in recognition of the Mayor””s visionary efforts in making Chicago one of the most environmentally-friendly cities in the nation, and will carry his name in perpetuity.
Green Jobs Summit
The PBC is proud to announce that our partner at the Department of Environment, Commissioner Suzanne Malec-McKenna will provide the Plenary Opening and that Erin Lavin Cabonargi, the Executive Director of the PBC, will be a featured panelist at the Green Jobs Summit. The Green Jobs Summit will be held in conjunction with the Greenbuild Conference & Expo on November 16, 2010 and features eight break-out sessions. Erin Lavin Cabonargi will speak at the session entitled Powering the Economy: How Federal, State and Local Green Polices are Driving Green Jobs. For more detailed information visit www.greenbuildexpo.org/JobsSummit.
Greenbuild Off-Site Educational Sessions and Eco-Tours
Greenbuild offers a series of off-site educational sessions and building tours that connect Greenbuild participants to the City of Chicago sustainability initiatives.
PBC projects are showcased in off-site educational sessions:
- The PBC is hosting Implementing LEED in Chicago K-12 Schools on November 17, 2010 at 2-4:30 p.m. at two recently completed Chicago Public Schools – the LEED Gold Irene C. Hernandez Middle School and Eric Solorio Academy High School, which is expecting LEED Silver.
- The LEED Platinum Chicago Center for Green Technology will be the setting for Spreading the Word: Green Educational Programming, on November 18 at 2-4:30 PM.
Please visit http://www.greenbuildexpo.org/education/Off-Site-Educational-Sessions.aspx to learn more about these sessions and other educational opportunities.
PBC projects are showcased in eco-tours:
- Chicago Center for Green Technology is featured as part of LEED Platinum: Rewind and Review, a revisit to Chicago””s iconic Platinum certified buildings that were included in the Greenbuild 2007 tours program. This tour is scheduled for Friday, November 19, 2010, from 1-6 p.m.
- The 9th District Police Station, Engine Company 18 Fire House, and the Chicago Park District Taylor-Lauridsen Field House are the focus of Municipal Facilities: Methods and Means, which demonstrates how City buildings are redefining Chicago””s future. This tour is scheduled for November 20, 2010, 8 a.m.-1 p.m.
- K-12 Schools: Next Generation Green will feature Mark T. Skinner West Elementary School, a LEED Gold school developed by the PBC. This tour is scheduled for November 20, 2010, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
Please visit http://www.greenbuildexpo.org/Tours/green-building-tours.aspx to learn more about these and other tours.