Advertisement for Bids
Contract C1577R – Dore Elementary School
Eligible to Bid:
23 firms have been deemed prequalified for this project:
- All-Bry Construction Company
- Barton Malow Company
- Blinderman Construction Company, Inc.
- Burling Builders, Inc.
- Clark Construction Group – Chicago, LLC
- Development Solutions, Inc.
- F.H. Paschen, S.N. Nielsen & Associates, LLC
- Friedler Construction Company
- George Sollitt Construction Company, The
- Henry Bros. Co.
- James McHugh Construction Company
- K.R. Miller Contractors, Inc.
- Old Veteran Construction, Inc. (MBE)
- Path Construction Company, Inc.
- Power Construction Company, LLC.
- Powers & Sons Construction Company, Inc.
- Tishman Construction Corporation of Illinois
- Turner Construction Company
- Tyler Lane Construction, Inc.
- UJAMAA Construction, Inc. (MBE)
- Vanir Construction Management, Inc.
- W.E. O’Neil Construction Company
- Walsh Construction Company II, LLC.
This Contract is subject to the Illinois Prevailing Wage Act (820 ILCS 130/1-12).
The project consists of the construction of a new 113,000 gsf 3-story school and site improvements at 7134 West 65th Street. The school will accommodate approximately 1200 students and will include 51 classrooms (typical classrooms, Pre-K/K, diverse Learners, science, music, art and computer); gymnatorium; library; kitchen/dining room; administrative and student services. Building construction will be structural steel frame, concrete masonry unit (CMU) and steel lateral bracing, shallow foundations on spread footings and an exterior cavity wall envelope of cold formed framing and face brick veneer. Site improvements shall consist of a new parking lot, storm water management improvements, play lot, turf play field, waste/transformer enclosure, landscape planting areas, site furnishings, and right-of-way improvements.
- Plans and specifications for the above-referenced project may be found on the designated printer’s online planroom for this Project at springerblueprint.com
- The list of Assist Agencies who will have complete sets of drawings and specifications can be found here
On Tuesday, July 18, 2017, in the PBC’s Second Floor Boardroom located at the Richard J. Daley Center, 50 West Washington, PBC will host a Pre-Bid Meeting at 11:00 a.m., and a Mandatory Technical Review Meeting at 11:30 a.m. The Technical Review Meeting is mandatory for all eligible pre-qualified contractors bidding on this Project. Sub-contractors and suppliers are invited to attend these meetings to meet the pre-qualified contractors bidding on this project. The sign-in sheets for the above-mentioned meetings will be posted to the PBC’s website.
Sealed bids will be received at the Public Building Commission, Richard J. Daley Center, 50 West Washington, Room 200, until 11:00 a.m. Tuesday, August 1, 2017 at which time they will be publicly opened.
- Bid Tabulation Document (8/1/17)
All questions regarding this contract must be submitted in writing to Patricia Montenegro, Senior Contracts Manager, Public Building Commission, 50 West Washington, Room 200, Chicago, IL 60602. Questions may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to Ms. Montenegro at 312/744-3572.
- Addendum No. 1 for Dore Elementary School (C1577R) can be obtained by clicking on the following link: Addendum No. 1
- Addendum No. 2 for Dore Elementary School (C1577R) can be obtained by clicking on the following link: Addendum No. 2
Pre-Bid/Mandatory Tech Review Materials:
- Pre-Bid Agenda w/Presentation Documents (7/18/17)
- Pre-Bid Meeting Sign-In (7/18/17)
- (Mandatory) Tech Review Sign-In (7/18/17)
Follow this project on Twitter @PBCChi #DoreElementary
For more information on the new Dore Elementary School, view the project page.