Advertisement for BidsContract C1575 – Harold Washington Library Center’s Thomas Hughes Children’s Library Renovation Project
The Public Building Commission of Chicago has invited Prequalified firms to bid on PBC Contract C1575 for the demolition and build-out of approximately 25,000 square feet of Thomas Hughes Children’s Library located on the 2nd level of the Harold Washington Library Center, 400 South State Street, Chicago, Illinois 60605. The renovations for the children’s library include a new Lobby/Entry, Info Center/Concierge, Self-Check-out Kiosks, programming areas for 0-5 year olds, 6-10 year olds and 11-13 year olds, as well as, a Staff Work Area.
A Pre-Bid Conference will be held at the Harold Washington Library, 8th Floor – Room 8-South-14, Chicago, Illinois on Thursday, September 29, 2016 at 11:00 a.m. Sub-contractors and suppliers are invited to attend to meet the prequalified contractors bidding on this project. The list of firms attending the Mandatory Tech Review Meeting and Site Visit walk-through will be added to the website within 48 hours of the walk-through.
Submission Due Date:
Sealed bids must be delivered by October 26, 2016 at 3:00PM (CT) to the attention of Patricia Montenegro, Public Building Commission of Chicago, Richard J. Daley Center, 50 West Washington Street, Room 200, Chicago, IL 60602. At that time all bids will be publicly opened.
Patricia Montenegro, Contracting Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thomas Hughes Children’s Library Renovation RFQ – Prequalify Document (PDF) (8/19/16).
- Pre-Bid Conference Sign-In Sheet (PDF) (9/29/16).
- Mandatory Tech Review Meeting and Site Visit Sign-In Sheet (PDF) (9/29/16).
- Thomas Hughes Children’s Library Renovation – Addendum No. 1 (PDF) (10/12/16).
- Thomas Hughes Children’s Library Renovation – Addendum No. 2 (PDF) (10/19/16).
- 2nd Site Visit Sign-In Sheet (PDF) (10/20/16).
- Thomas Hughes Children’s Library Renovation – Addendum No. 3 (PDF) (10/24/16).
- Bid Opening Sign-In Sheet – (PDF) (10/26/16).
- Bid Tabulation – (PDF) (10/26/16).