Request for Qualifications
William Jones College Preparatory High School
700 South State Street
Invitation for Sub-Contractors to Pre-Qualify
Bid Packages 10-17
Bid Packages in this Invitation to Pre-Qualify
- 10-Structural Steel / Metal Deck
- 11-Metal Stairs
- 12-Spray Fireproofing
- 13-Concrete Fill on Deck
- 14-Precast Wall Panels
- 15-Exterior Metal Panels
- 16-Curtainwall / Storefront
- 17-Masonry – Interior and Exterior
William Jones College Preparatory High School, which will educate 1,200 students in grades 9-12, will be an approximately 280,000sf high rise building with eight (8) above ground floors and one (1) basement parking level located on the northwest intersection of South State and West Polk Streets, adjacent to the existing Jones College Preparatory High School. The program for the new school is similar to Chicago Public Schools’ Urban Model High School prototype program. The new construction will include classrooms, computer and science laboratories, art and music studios, administrative and support services, a library and full-service dining facility. The project will also include a gymnasium, a natatorium and athletic facilities, a performing arts theatre with back-of-house facilities as well as an underground parking level and rooftop gardens.
The building structure will consist of a structural steel frame with concrete fill on metal deck supported on a caisson foundation system with concrete caisson caps, grade beams and basement walls. The current facade design includes insulated, laminated window wall along with precast, brick and insulated metal panel enclosure zones. Interior finishes will include drywall and masonry partitions along with ceramic tile, terrazzo, carpet and VCT floor finishes.
Subgrade demolition of existing foundations and basement walls is currently scheduled to commence early January 2011 with caisson work starting in early April 2011. The building is scheduled for a substantial completion date of July 01, 2013, in time for the school’s opening on September 03, 2013
Pre-Qualification Submittal Requirements:
Only Pre-Qualified trade subcontractors will be approved to bid on this project. The Pre-Qualification process will include the following steps, all of which must be completed by the deadlines noted on the prequalification documents.
- Download the Invitation to Prequalify Letter and Request to Pre-Qualify Confirmation form by clicking on the document link below.
- Complete the Request to Pre-Qualify Confirmation form and submit to Bovis Lend Lease as indicated on the form by the noted date.
- Download the Bid Pre-Qualification Checklist and MBE/WBE Certification Questionnaire by clicking on the document link below.
- Complete the Bid Pre-Qualification Checklist and MBE/WBE Certification Questionnaire and submit to Bovis Lend Lease as indicated on the form by the noted date.
- Complete the Bovis Lend Lease on-line Pre-Qualification Forms (SPECS) by contacting Claudia Brown at Bovis Lend Lease via email (email@example.com) or phone at (312) 245-1000. She will provide you a User Name and Password required to access the on-line SPECS pre-qualification questionnaire. Contact Claudia Brown if you require assistance or alternative arrangements.
All Pre-Qualification Materials must be delivered to the attention of Doug Mills (firstname.lastname@example.org) at Bovis Lend Lease, One North Wacker-Suite 850, Chicago, IL 60606 by 3:00 pm, Saturday, January 22, 2011.