The PBC made its first contribution to the growth and well-being of the city’s Loop area with the construction of the Richard J. Daley Center (originally known as Chicago Civic Center). Home to one of the nation’s largest court systems and also dozens of other governmental offices, this 30-story landmark was the first project completed by the PBC after it was established under the Illinois Public Building Commission Act in 1956.
Since then, the PBC has spent more than a half century working to help Chicago develop and expand its public spaces to foster sustainability within our communities. Those efforts are continuing today, as evidenced by the various construction and renovation projects completed over the years.
View the PBC’s reports from before 2011 here. To view more recent documents, visit the Reports section.