CHICAGO – The Public Building Commission of Chicago (PBC) today announced notice of ten industry awards received by the agency in the first half of 2012.
“This was an exemplary few years for the PBC, with the completion of many projects in neighborhoods throughout the City of Chicago,” said PBC Executive Director Erin Lavin Cabonargi. “We are proud to have received these awards, and prouder still of how we do business – completing projects on time and on budget, creating opportunities for minority- and women-owned businesses, and helping to create jobs for residents in the region.”
2012 honors received by the PBC include:
- American Institute of Architects Illinois President’s Award
- In recognition of extraordinary achievements in advancing livable communities and promoting the profession of architecture at a significant level in the state of Illinois.
- Government Finance Officers Association Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Finance Reporting for 2010 Fiscal Year
- In recognition of a comprehensive annual financial report (CAFR) that achieved the highest standards in government accounting and financial reporting.
- Urban Land Institute – Chicago 2012 Vision Award for Modern Schools Across Chicago Program
- To honor programs that have used creative development practices, inventive partnerships or sharing of resources, imaginative problem solving or visionary ideas contributing to the growth of vibrant communities
- U.S. Green Building Council – Illinois Chapter Mission Award
- In recognition of advancing both buildings and communities that are sustainable, prosperous and healthy.
- Chicago Building Congress Merit Award for New Construction for the Ogden International School of Chicago
- To honor outstanding projects in greater Chicagoland built during the past three years.
- Friends of the Chicago River: Blue Ribbon Awards, Silver Ribbon Award for the Ogden International School of Chicago
Friends of the Chicago River: Blue Ribbon Awards, Green Ribbon Award for West Ridge Elementary School
Friends of the Chicago River: Blue Ribbon Awards, Green Ribbon Award for Chicago Public Library, Branch Library Prototype
- To honor and acknowledge the work of developers, designers, municipalities and others for their creative approach to river sensitive design and implementation and whose work exemplifies the river ideal.
- Chicago Green Office Challenge to MB Real Estate, PBC property manager for Richard J. Daley Center
- Awards properties that have achieved certain levels of utility and water consumption reductions based on several Challenge Goals.
- Chicago Association of Realtors 2012 Good Neighbor Award for the Ogden International School of Chicago
- In recognition of ground-breaking new properties in Chicago metropolitan region that increase economic vibrancy in their neighborhoods and bolstered local pride.
The Public Building Commission of Chicago manages construction and renovation projects for the City of Chicago and its sister agencies. Mayor Rahm Emanuel serves as the PBC’s chairman. Erin Lavin Cabonargi serves as the Executive Director of the PBC. Additional information about the PBC and its projects can be found at https://www.pbcchicago.com/. You can also follow the Public Building Commission of Chicago on Twitter: @PBCChi and on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/PublicBuildingCommissionofChicago.