The PBC Board has approved a Partial Undertaking request from the Board of Education for a new annex at John M. Palmer Elementary School.
Improvements at Palmer Elementary are set to include the construction of an addition as well as a new roof, new paint in classrooms and hallways along with new lockers and floor tile. The modular-classroom unit will be removed and replaced with green space and a playground.
Palmer Elementary is a Level 1+ Neighborhood School located in Albany Park. The school was built in 1925 and is named after John McAuley Palmer, an abolitionist, General of the Union Army, and the 15th Governor of Illinois. Palmer expanded in 1997 and was renovated in 1998. In 2001, an 8-classroom modular was installed.
View the construction contract details for this project here.