This new high school will feature modern, multipurpose educational spaces for diverse learning, music, art, health, dance, and more. Its campus will include fields for baseball, softball, football and track, as well as tennis and basketball courts.
The building will also house a self-contained school-based health center designed to support both the students and the community-at-large. The health center will provide access to comprehensive primary care and behavioral health services to residents of Englewood and surrounding neighborhoods. In September 2016, a school-based health center was opened at Steinmetz High School, and provides access health services to residents of the Belmont-Cragin, Dunning and Montclare communities as well as Steinmetz High School students.
“The parents of Englewood deserve to send their children to a high-quality school, and this facility will provide just that. I look forward as our community not only helps to build this modern facility, but to then watch our Englewood students grow in a top-notch learning facility that helps them to achieve their dreams.”
– 6th Ward Alderman Roderick Sawyer
The new high school will not only build on the surging academic progress in the area’s elementary schools but also provide post-secondary opportunities by offering early college programs at Kennedy-King College so that students can earn college credits and access vocational programs, including a construction program with carpentry and welding instruction, free of charge while in high school.
UJAMAA Power II Joint Venture is developing the new Englewood STEM High School. As Englewood continues its resurgence, this $85 million facility will attract area students by building on the surging academic progress in the area’s elementary schools. The school will open in the fall of 2019.
View this project’s contract details here.
This project was initially referred to as South Side High School.
- Pay Application #1 (4/9/18)
- Pay Application #2 (6/19/18)
- Pay Application #3 (7/30/18)
- Pay Application #4 (8/27/18)
- Pay Application #5 (9/10/18)
- Pay Application #6 (10/22/18)
- Pay Application #7 (11/1/18)
- Pay Application #8 (12/24/18)
- Pay Application #9 (2/4/19)
- Pay Application #10 (2/25/19)
- Pay Application #11 (3/25/19)
- Pay Application #12 (5/6/19)
- Pay Application #13 (5/28/19)
- Pay Application #14 (7/2/19)
- Pay Application #15 (8/6/19)
- Pay Application #16 (8/27/19)
- CPS Press Release: CPS and Community Members Unveil Design of $85 Million State-of-the-Art Neighborhood High School in Englewood (1/5/18)
- Constructive News You Can Use (Winter 2018)
- Community Hiring Events (4/2018)
- Subcontractor Networking Session Flyer (4/5/18)
- Subcontractor Networking Brochure (4/5/18)
- Subcontractor Networking Sign-In (4/5/18)
- Design-Build Team Flyer (4/5/18)
- Construction Flyer (4/10/18)
- Constructive News You Can Use (Spring 2018)
- 2018 Mid Year Report (7/2018)
- “New Englewood high school gears up for fall opening” Chicago SunTimes (4/29/19)