PBC Project No. 05195
Hancock Replacement School
West 64th Place and Long Avenue
The PBC will award a design-build contract for the Project in accordance with the requirements of Sections 20.3 through 20.20 of the Public Building Commission Act (50 ILCS 20/et seq.). Per the Act, this will be a two-phase procurement process. This two-phase process will evaluate design-build entities based on qualifications, technical approach, and cost proposals for the following design-build project:
The Project requires the design and construction of the new Hancock Replacement School; associated environmental site remediation, site preparation, new building construction and site development, and utilities, as required.
Phase I – Submission Due Date:
Submittals must be delivered by January 22, 2019 at 1:00 p.m. (CST) (updated via Addendum No. 3) to the attention of Patricia Montenegro, Public Building Commission of Chicago, Richard J. Daley Center, 50 West Washington Street, Room 200, Chicago, IL 60602.
Phase I – Pre-Submission Conference:
A pre-submission conference will be held on Monday, January 14, 2019, 11:00 a.m. (updated via Addendum No. 1) at the following location:
George W Dunne Cook County Office Building
69 West Washington Street
22nd Floor – Conference Room A and B
Chicago, Illinois 60602
Firms interested in submitting responses are strongly encouraged to attend.
Phase I – Pre-Submission Materials:
- Pre-submission Conference Attendance Sign-in Sheet
- Pre-submission Conference Agenda
- Pre-submission Conference Presentation
Phase I – RFP Document:
RFP Document for Design-Build Services for Hancock Replacement School – Issued December 11, 2018
- RFP Exhibit A – Sample Form of Design Build Agreement
- RFP Exhibit B – Insurance Requirements
- RFP Exhibit C – Sample Project Community Area Map
- RFP Exhibit D – Sample Chicago Public School Project Labor Agreement
- RFP Exhibit E – Draft Program Summary
- RFP Exhibit F – Environmental Report
- RFP Exhibit G – Boundary/Alta Survey
- RFP Exhibit H – Zoning Analysis
- RFP Exhibit I – Conceptual Drawings
Phase I Addenda:
- Addendum No. 1 for Design-Build Services for Hancock Replacement School can be obtained by clicking on the following link: Addendum 1 – Issued January 7, 2019
- Addendum No. 2 for Design-Build Services for Hancock Replacement School can be obtained by clicking on the following link: Addendum 2 – Issued January 11, 2019
- Addendum No. 3 for Design-Build Services for Hancock Replacement School can be obtained by clicking on the following link: Addendum 3 – Issued January 16, 2019
PHASE II – Not yet available
Public Building Commission of Chicago
Mayor Rahm Emanuel, Chairman
Carina E. Sánchez, Executive Director
Office of Inspector General Complaint Hotline
If you see corruption, fraud, waste, or dishonest practices of any kind please report it to the City of Chicago Office of Inspector General (OIG) – PBC’s oversight body. Concerned employees, contractors, consultants, and members of the public may contact OIG via its independent hotline and website.
Telephone Reporting: (866) IG-TIPLINE (866-448-4754).
Web Reporting: http://ChicagoInspectorGeneral.org/Get-Involved