Advertisement for Bids: Contract C1597 – Legler Regional Library Renovations
The Public Building Commission of Chicago (PBC) has invited all Class A and Class B Prequalified firms to bid on PBC Contract C1597, Legler Regional Library Renovations.
Legler Regional Library is located at 115 South Pulaski Road, in Chicago, Illinois. The project consists of renovation to the existing, two-story 35,000 sf library, built in 1919. The library will be transformed into a state-of-the-art regional library for the west side community. The transformation will include technology infrastructure and building upgrades. Site-related improvements include accessibility improvements in parking lot, fence repair and painting. The scope of exterior envelope includes removal of stone balustrades at cornice; limestone coping repair; masonry tuckpointing; ornamental ironwork painting; weather-stripping wood windows and doors; and roof replacement. Interior scope of work includes reconfiguration of the existing floor plan; new interior finishes, renovation of bathrooms and associated environmental work. Improved accessibility by adding a lift to access mezzanine level and elevator modernization will also be included in scope of work. MEP scope will include upgraded mechanical systems (chiller and AHU); upgraded technology infrastructure; LED lighting conversion, and upgrade to fire/security systems. This Project includes a Phasing Plan.
LIST OF PREQUALIFIED BIDDERS:
- All-Bry Construction Company
- Barton Malow Company
- Berglund Construction Company
- Blinderman Construction Company, Inc.
- Burling Builders, Inc.
- Clark Construction Group – Chicago, LLC
- Development Solutions, Inc.
- F.H. Paschen, S.N. Nielsen & Associates, LLC
- Friedler Construction Company
- The George Sollitt Construction Company
- Henry Bros. Co.
- Hunt Construction Group, Inc.
- James McHugh Construction Company
- K.R. Miller Contractors, Inc.
- Madison Construction Company
- Old Veteran Construction, Inc.
- Path Construction Company, Inc.
- Power Construction Company, LLC
- Powers & Sons Construction Company, Inc.
- Turner Construction Company
- Tyler Lane Construction, Inc.
- UJAMAA Construction, Inc.
- Vanir Construction Management, Inc.
- W.E. O’Neil Construction Company
- Walsh Construction Company II
- Aldridge Electric, Inc.
- Brandenburg Industrial Service Company
- Broadway Electric, Inc.
- Frederick Quinn Corporation
- John Burns Construction Company
- The Lombard Company
- O.A.K.K. Construction Co., Inc.
- Poulos, Inc.
- R.T. Milord Company
- Reliable & Associates Construction Co.
- Book 1 Instructions to Bidders may be found here.
- Plans and specifications, including Addendum issued for the above-referenced project may be found here: Aloha Print Group Planroom
- The list of Assist Agencies who will have access to complete sets of drawings and specifications can be found here
On Tuesday, November 19, 2019, in the Legler Regional Library, located at 115 South Pulaski Road, Chicago, Illinois, PBC will host a Non-Mandatory Pre-Bid Meeting at 10:00 a.m., a Non-Mandatory Technical Review Meeting at 10:30a.m., and a Non-Mandatory Site Visit immediately following the Technical Review Meeting. Please use Main Entrance. Parking is available in the rear of the building.
Subcontractors and suppliers are encouraged to attend these meetings to meet the Prequalified contractors interested in bidding on this project. The sign-in sheets for the above-mentioned meetings will be posted to the PBC’s website.
Pre-Bid/Tech Review/Site Visit Materials:
- (Non-Mandatory) Legler Pre-Bid Agenda (11/19/19)
- (Non-Mandatory) Legler Pre-Bid Meeting Sign-In (11/19/19)
- (Non-Mandatory) Legler Tech Review Sign-In (11/19/19)
- (Non-Mandatory) Legler Site Visit Sign-In (11/19/19)
Sealed bids shall be received at the Public Building Commission, Richard J. Daley Center, 50 West Washington, Room 200, until 11:00 a.m. Friday, December 13, 2019 (updated via Addendum No. 4), at which time they will be publicly opened.
- Bid Tabulation for Legler Regional Library Renovations (C1597) can be obtained by clicking on the following link: Bid Tabulation
All questions regarding this contract must be submitted in writing to Patricia Montenegro, Deputy Director of Procurement, Public Building Commission, 50 West Washington, Room 200, Chicago, IL 60602. Questions may be emailed to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Addendum No. 1 for Legler Regional Library Renovations (C1597) can be obtained by clicking on the following link: Addendum No. 1
- Addendum No. 2 for Legler Regional Library Renovations (C1597) can be obtained by clicking on the following link: Addendum No. 2
- Addendum No. 3 for Legler Regional Library Renovations (C1597) can be obtained by clicking on the following link: Addendum No. 3
- Addendum No. 4 for Legler Regional Library Renovations (C1597) can be obtained by clicking on the following link: Addendum No. 4
The project page containing additional information can be viewed here.
Public Building Commission of Chicago
Mayor Lori E. Lightfoot, Chairman
Carina E. Sánchez, Executive Director
Office of Inspector General Complaint Hotline
If you see corruption, fraud, waste, or dishonest practices of any kind please report it to the City of Chicago Office of Inspector General (OIG) – PBC’s oversight body. Concerned employees, contractors, consultants, and members of the public may contact OIG via its independent hotline and website.
Telephone Reporting: (866) IG-TIPLINE (866-448-4754).
Web Reporting: http://ChicagoInspectorGeneral.org/Get-Involved
Follow this project on Twitter @PBCChi #LeglerRegional
For more information, view the project page.